* Awards also presented at District/National convention.
**Southern District and NDA recognize only a Dance Educator of the Year award.
Fill out this form to Chair of Awards Committee by June 1st. Forms for Student awards are sent directly to Colleges and Universities in October.
CRITERIA FOR CANDIDACY: With the exception of Legislator of the Year and the Presidential Award all candidates must be current members of VAHPERD. Videotapes should not be submitted. Any VAHPERD member may submit nominations
- Member of VAHPERD and AAHPERD for ten years.
- Fifteen years of distinctive service in Health, Physical Education, Recreation or Dance.
- Retiree who has provided outstanding service to VAHPERD.
- Member of VAHPERD at least 15 years.
- Leadership through an elected and/or appointed office for at least five years.
- Significant contribution to the professional development of colleagues.
Legislator of the Year
Candidate must be a state or national Senator, Delegate or Representative who has made a major contribution to Health, Physical Education, Recreation or Dance. No application form is necessary.
Supervisor of the Year
- Major responsibility supervising health, physical education, recreation or dance for at least five years.
- Serves as positive role model and encourages sensitivity and innovative learning experiences for teachers.
- Member of VAHPERD and AAHPERD.
- Conducts workshops and seminars for teachers.
- Active in local, state, and national professional organizations.
- Three to five letters of reference based on the award criteria from school officials and colleagues are required. Supplementary supportive materials are encouraged.